Monday, April 23, 2007

Appeasing the addiction

In order to appease my addiction, I have attempted to simulate a friend of mine's idea/event, and create a weekly group between friends, drinking buddies, and majong addicts here in my new city of Columbus, OH.

I became addicted to the game while living in Japan for two years on the JET Program. It so happened that the staff of a delicious ramen shop right behind my apartment also played mahjong, so I joined in. The name of the ramen shop was Genkotsu Ramen.

Now that I live in Columbus, I figured it would only be appropriate to create a name indicative of my past as well as the current situation. With the nickname of Columbus being "Cow-town," and a yakitori being that dreaded asterix next to a large negative number, I deemed it appropriate to name the new mahjong group "Genkotsu Yakiushi Mahjong" or literally "A strong fist and grilled cow mahjong."

No comments: