Monday, March 2, 2009

Tsuiisou Returns

So the very first time I sat down and played for money at Genkotsu Ramen shop (best Ramen in Japan, I highly suggest it, Tamano City, Okayama-ken) I won a huge hang with Tsuiisou. Since then I have never gotten another, until Saturday night. I was not oya though, nor were we playing for points, but nonetheless, it was chilling n' thrilling.

We had newcomers on Febuary 28th's classic Saturday evening dinner game in Sarah (book club buddy), and Katie (her friend), as well as the usual suspects in Kim and Terri. Playing at Terri's place eating home-made mac and cheese and drinking toasty oaky wine (that was coincidentally terrible, but luckily the third bottle of the night).

The first round was merely playing hands and coaching Sarah, the noob. The second round Katie took up crayons to place on paper our concentrating faces, and Sarah sat next to me to play our hands together. That being said, the final scores for the night:
Neil +31
Terri +1
Kim -32

The biggest hand of the night was probably a chiitoi honitsu hand completed on haitei tsumo with dora galore for baiman as oya. Otherwise no hands really that warranted writing down (and my computer was not out for the occasion anyways). I need to figure out how to create a website to tabulate the scores and put down the rule set Genkotsu Yakiushi plays by. Another day. Ja ne.

No comments: